[Idr] Éric Vyncke's Discuss on draft-ietf-idr-rfc5575bis-23: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Fri, 24 April 2020 13:50 UTC

From: Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-idr-rfc5575bis@ietf.org, idr-chairs@ietf.org, idr@ietf.org, Jie Dong <jie.dong@huawei.com>, aretana.ietf@gmail.com, jie.dong@huawei.com
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2020 06:50:23 -0700
Subject: [Idr] Éric Vyncke's Discuss on draft-ietf-idr-rfc5575bis-23: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-idr-rfc5575bis-23: Discuss

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-rfc5575bis/

DISCUSS:

Thank you for the work put into this document. The document is clear, easy to
read (I appreciated the given examples).

Alas, due to overload of work, I had only a quick browse through the document
with specific focus points and found nothing EXCEPT why having two different
documents ? One for IPv4 (with the core elements of the protocol) and one for
IPv6 (with only the IPv6 specifics)... I am more than surprized to say the
least... hence my DISCUSS...

This blocking DISCUSS can easily be fixed: e.g., with a RFC Editor note to make
a cluster of this document and draft-ietf-idr-flow-spec-v6 so that they are
published together with adjacent RFC numbers. Merging the two documents would
be preferred but I understand that this is more work (albeit a missed
opportunity).

Please find below a couple on non-blocking COMMENTs.

I hope that this helps to improve the document,

Regards,

-éric

COMMENT:

I also second Erik K.'s comment on non-TCP/UDP ports.