Re: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-flowspec-redirect-rt-bis-01.txt

Mach Chen <mach.chen@huawei.com> Wed, 22 October 2014 09:16 UTC

From: Mach Chen <mach.chen@huawei.com>
To: Jeffrey Haas <jhaas@pfrc.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 09:16:29 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.111.97.72]
Cc: "idr@ietf.org" <idr@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-flowspec-redirect-rt-bis-01.txt

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the update.

I just looked through the latest version and reviewed the Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) Extended Communities registry page.

Regarding the registry name, it's better to align with the definitions and conventions at the IANA registry web page (http://www.iana.org/assignments/bgp-extended-communities/bgp-extended-communities.xhtml). For example, the same Upper-lower case, with/without "BGP" at the beginning of a registry name.

Here some editorial change suggestions to the IANA section:

1.
OLD:
"
IANA is requested to update the BGP GENERIC TRANSITIVE EXPERIMENTAL
   USE EXTENDED COMMUNITY SUB-TYPES registry as follows:
"

NEW:
"IANA is requested to update the "Generic Transitive Experimental Use Extended Community Sub-Types" registry as follows:"

OLD:
"IANA is requested to update the BGP TRANSITIVE EXTENDED COMMUNITY
   TYPES registry as follows:"

NEW:
"
IANA is requested to update the "BGP Transitive Extended Community Types" registry as follows:
"

2.
OLD:
"
IANA is requested to create the GENERIC TRANSITIVE EXPERIMENTAL
   EXTENDED COMMUNITY PART 2 SUB-TYPES registry.  It should be seeded
   with the following Sub-Type:
"

NEW:
"
IANA is requested to create the "Generic Transitive Experimental Extended Community Part 2 Sub-Types" registry.  It should be seeded with the following Sub-Type:

3.
OLD:
"
   IANA is requested to create the GENERIC TRANSITIVE EXPERIMENTAL
   EXTENDED COMMUNITY PART 3 SUB-TYPES registry.  It should be seeded
   with the following Sub-Type:
"

NEW:
"
IANA is requested to create the "Generic Transitive Experimental Extended Community Part 3 Sub-Types" registry.  It should be seeded with the following Sub-Type:
"

Best regards,
Mach