Re: [Idr] draft-ietf-idr-bgp4-26.txt: active state (page 61)

saravana kumar <skumar_saravana@yahoo.com> Sun, 05 June 2005 16:12 UTC

Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 09:12:37 -0700
From: saravana kumar <skumar_saravana@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Idr] draft-ietf-idr-bgp4-26.txt: active state (page 61)
To: Tom Petch <nwnetworks@dial.pipex.com>, idr@ietf.org
Sender: idr-bounces@ietf.org

Thanks for your response.

I am deriving :

on detecting an inbound connection attempt :
1) In the connect state,  continue to be in the
connect state; process the new connection with a new
fsm in active state. I am not sure you could 'choose'
to close the outbound connection fsm as that would
cause
both sides to potentially close the connection same
way.

2) In the active state ( no outbound connection
pending ), associate the inbound connection with the
current fsm.

Question : Suppose unconfigured peers were never
allowed by the draft (as i suppose is reality), is it
correct to say that one could've used source tcp
address comparison as a means to break the tie as soon
as it is detected? (assuming both sides use this
mechanism).

-skumar.