Re: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-rfc5575bis-05.txt

Christoph Loibl <c@tix.at> Fri, 20 October 2017 07:26 UTC

From: Christoph Loibl <c@tix.at>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2017 09:26:35 +0200
Cc: i-d-announce@ietf.org, idr@ietf.org
To: internet-drafts@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-rfc5575bis-05.txt

Hi,

I just uploaded a new version of the Flow Specification draft draft-ietf-idr-rfc5575bis-05.

I want to point out that it contains several minor edits after Job’s review during WG-LC (see the recent mails on the mailinglist), but also one more *complex* change that I would ask to review:

5.1.  Ordering of Traffic Filtering Rules (changes to the paragraph and the pseudocode)

The pseudocode of the sorting algorithm has been replaced by an actual runnable and tested python3 implementation. While you should also read it in the draft, you may want to view it on github (since you get all the syntax highlighting there https://github.com/stoffi92/flowspec-cmp - or you can even download the repository, add test-cases to the unit-test that is included).

Even though the python source is slightly longer than the pseudocode, I think it is a good idea to actually have a runnable code sample as a reference for actual behaviour. During the on-list discussion there were no objections.

Other smaller changes:

4.2.3.  Type 3 - IP Protocol

*) Small change to the wording in the Bit-Operator

The bits do not produce a “value” but a “relational operator”:

OLD:

The bits lt, gt, and eq can be combined to produce "less or equal
"greater or equal", and inequality values.

NEW:

The bits lt, gt, and eq can be combined to produce common relational
operators such as "less or equal", "greater or equal", and "not equal
to".

13. Original authors

Removed the editorial note 'Note: Any original author...'

ENTIRE Document:

*) Consistent use of the name "Flow Specification”

*) Correction of some missing cross-references and typos (mainly in the Abstract, Introduction)

Thank you, Job for your review and the feedback!

Cheers
Christoph

--
Christoph Loibl