Re: [Idr] IDR agenda item

"FRAGASSI Roberto" <Roberto.Fragassi@alcatel-lucent.com> Mon, 22 March 2010 18:35 UTC

Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 13:35:46 -0500
From: FRAGASSI Roberto <Roberto.Fragassi@alcatel-lucent.com>
To: raszuk@cisco.com, idr@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Idr] IDR agenda item

Robert,

To be clear, the message from the authors is not to present the pros or
cons of add-paths - those comments should be saved for draft
Advertisement of Multiple Paths in BGP.

I feel that our abstract is clear to state that when turning on Add
Paths there are things that must be considered: This document describes
implementation and operational
   best practices for ADD-PATH in order to facilitate the introduction
   of ADD-PATH to existing networks and to ensure interoperability

It's not the focus of the draft to recommend how to solve a set of
problems.  Perhaps we should be more definitive in our statements in
saying so.

Bert