Re: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-as-migration-01.txt

"George, Wes" <wesley.george@twcable.com> Fri, 13 June 2014 15:19 UTC

From: "George, Wes" <wesley.george@twcable.com>
To: "idr@ietf.org" <idr@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 11:19:41 -0400
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-as-migration-01.txt

Changelog:

Adds RFC2119 boilerplate and two implementation sections (3.2 and 4.2) to
provide 2119 normative language describing how to implement the features
described by the document (after multiple recommendations to include this
instead of the vendor documentation).
Updates vendor-specific documentation references, and moves the pointers
to those documents to an implementation report appendix
Incorporates review feedback from several off-list reviews from Cisco and
Juniper folks.

Open question: Does this need to formally update the BGP Spec, and is
informational still the appropriate status for the doc now that it’s
actually defining the behavior in normative language?

I think this might be ready for WGLC unless there is a burning desire to
discuss it in person in Toronto.

Thanks,

Wes George

On 6/13/14, 11:12 AM, "internet-drafts@ietf.org"
<internet-drafts@ietf.org> wrote:

>A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
>directories.
> This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of
>the IETF.
>
>        Title           : Autonomous System (AS) Migration Features and
>Their Effects on the BGP AS_PATH Attribute
>        Authors         : Wesley George
>                          Shane Amante
>       Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-as-migration-01.txt
>       Pages           : 17
>       Date            : 2014-06-13
>
>Abstract:
>   This draft discusses common methods of managing an ASN migration
>   using some BGP feaures that while commonly-used are not formally part
>   of the BGP4 protocol specification and may be vendor-specific in
>   exact implementation.  It is necessary to document these de facto
>   standards to ensure that they are properly supported in future BGP
>   protocol work such as BGPSec.
>

>The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
>https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-as-migration/
>
>There's also a htmlized version available at:
>http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-as-migration-01
>
>A diff from the previous version is available at:
>http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-idr-as-migration-01
>

>Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
>submission
>until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.
>
>Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
>ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Anything below this line has been added by my company’s mail server, I
have no control over it.