Re: [Idr] //Re: Status changes as of 6/21/2022

Jeffrey Haas <jhaas@pfrc.org> Thu, 23 June 2022 19:30 UTC

Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2022 15:30:06 -0400
From: Jeffrey Haas <jhaas@pfrc.org>
To: 姜文颖 <jiangwenying@chinamobile.com>
Cc: Susan Hares <shares@ndzh.com>, "idr@ietf.org" <idr@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Idr] //Re: Status changes as of 6/21/2022

Wenying,

Glad to hear you're having good experiences with work on your draft.

However, please remember two things as you take your work forward:
- New features implemented in Flowspec v1 will cause session resets in
  implementations that don't understand the new feature.
- Please don't ship code that squats on an unallocated code point.  Not only
  does this raise issues of session resets, but may cause issues as we start
  having Flowspec v2 work make progress.  The code points for Flowspec v1 and
  v2 are likely to be the same.

The IDR Chairs would encourage you to support moving Flowspec v2 work
forward to help you safely and interoperably deploy the new feature.

-- Jeff