Re: [Idr] draft-cgray-ietf-bgp-exceptions

"Thomas Mangin" <thomas.mangin@exa-networks.co.uk> Mon, 27 July 2015 07:50 UTC

From: Thomas Mangin <thomas.mangin@exa-networks.co.uk>
To: idr@ietf.org, Saad Mansoor <s.mansoor@bangor.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 08:50:39 +0100
Subject: Re: [Idr] draft-cgray-ietf-bgp-exceptions

Hello Cameron,

Small things :
> This attribute is a single 6-bit unsigned value (0-127) ..
This should read 7-bit or (0-63)

I am not sure the encoding example is clear enough / right.

Could you please also explain why this proposal is superior to the
already widely deployed RTBH.
https://tools.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3882.txt and
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5635

I fail to grasp the advantage of your solution.

Thomas

http://exa.net.uk/about/contact-us