[Idr] John Scudder's No Objection on draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-sbfd-extensions-08: (with COMMENT)

John Scudder via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Tue, 03 May 2022 18:20 UTC

From: John Scudder via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-sbfd-extensions@ietf.org, idr-chairs@ietf.org, idr@ietf.org, shares@ndzh.com, jhaas@pfrc.org, jhaas@juniper.net, jie.dong@huawei.com, jhaas@pfrc.org
Date: Tue, 03 May 2022 11:20:26 -0700
Subject: [Idr] John Scudder's No Objection on draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-sbfd-extensions-08: (with COMMENT)

John Scudder has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-sbfd-extensions-08: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-sbfd-extensions/

COMMENT:

Like Lars, I also found the author list to be fairly remarkable, almost one
author per page. Many hands make light work, they say.

There is one sentence in the Security Considerations section that I think
overpromises:

                                                  The IGP instances
   originating this information are assumed to support any required
   security and authentication mechanisms (as described in [RFC7883] and
   [RFC7883]) to prevent any security issues when propagating the
   information into BGP-LS.

"To prevent *any* security issues" is quite a promise! I'm sure it's not what
you mean, I expect you mean something more like "and therefore the security
properties of those underlying mechanisms are assumed". Probably if you just
dropped everything from there on, so just ended with "[RFC7883])" the text
would be complete and accurate.