Re: [Idr] 1 Week Final Call for adoption of draft-dong-idr-rtc-hierarchical-rr-02

"Susan Hares" <shares@ndzh.com> Tue, 06 January 2015 16:49 UTC

From: Susan Hares <shares@ndzh.com>
To: bruno.decraene@orange.com
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2015 11:48:48 -0500
Cc: idr@ietf.org, robert@raszuk.net
Subject: Re: [Idr] 1 Week Final Call for adoption of draft-dong-idr-rtc-hierarchical-rr-02

Bruno:

The document has been accepted as a WG document.   I hope that people will
engage you in debating the primary solution version the second solution.   I
expect this evening Jie will respond to this email during his working hours
(this evening).

I agree with many of your points regarding Add-path versus RTC approach.
One question should we allow two solutions – one for people already taking
the heavy weight of add-path and another for the RTC.

AddPath grouping has entered the standard process, but I did not hold it for
this work.  We can append a standard to the AddPath standard if operators
need this feature.

Sue