Re: Fwd: Last Call: Registration procedures for message header fields to BCP

Graham Klyne <GK-lists@ninebynine.org> Thu, 14 November 2002 12:46 UTC

Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 14:21:22 +0000
To: Charles Lindsey <chl@clw.cs.man.ac.uk>
From: Graham Klyne <GK-lists@ninebynine.org>
Subject: Re: Fwd: Last Call: Registration procedures for message header fields to BCP
Cc: ietf-822@imc.org
Sender: owner-ietf-822@mail.imc.org

OK, I see your point. (-01 is not really different in this respect.)

I'll look into updating the tools in some way.  I think it calls for
rethinking the overall form of presentation:  cross-referencing from one
entry to another is likely to get messy.

I'll note that I don't expect the registration document to be used as a
common reference, rather that it contains some information that goes into a
registry.  For an online registry, I think the duplication is not a problem
(there is a summary table of
header fields, each linked to a registry page).  Though, if it's felt to be
a significant improvement, I could look into separating the change
controller information and linking through to it.  (Needless to say, the
duplication doesn't occur in the original source data!)

As for draft-palme-mailext-headers-08.txt, I've been in touch with
Jacob.  I just haven't found time to follow through, yet.

#g
--

Graham Klyne
<GK@NineByNine.org>