Appeal against IESG decision

Brian E Carpenter (IAB Chair) <brian@ICAIR.ORG> Tue, 15 June 1999 20:46 UTC

From: Brian E Carpenter <brian@ICAIR.ORG>
To: IETF-Announce:;
Subject: Appeal against IESG decision
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 16:27:15 -0400
Sender: scoya@ns.cnri.reston.va.us

This is to inform the IETF that the IAB is considering an
appeal against IESG action lodged by William Allen Simpson. The text
of the appeal may be found at http://www.ietf.org/appeal.txt
Succinct written comments on the appeal should be sent to iab@iab.org
by the end of June 1999. Please note that all such comments may be made
public. The IAB plans to hold an open hearing on the appeal during the
Oslo IETF meeting. More details of this hearing will be announced
shortly.

N.B. The appeal text includes the full explanation, but the essence
of the appeal is in these words written by Bill Simpson
and extracted from the full text:

> >Pursuant to the process detailed in RFC-2026 sections 6.5.1 and 6.5.2,
> >and ultimately 6.5.3, I appeal the IESG decision to publish
> >draft-ietf-ipsec-ciph-cbc-03.txt and all documents referencing it,
> >together with the failure to publish draft-simpson-cbc-01.txt,
> >draft-simpson-desx-02.txt and draft-simpson-des3v2-03.txt (or earlier
> >versions thereof).

Brian E Carpenter (IAB Chair)