Last Call: <draft-eggert-bcp45bis-07.txt> (IETF Discussion List Charter) to Best Current Practice

The IESG <iesg-secretary@ietf.org> Mon, 10 January 2022 14:36 UTC

From: The IESG <iesg-secretary@ietf.org>
To: IETF-Announce <ietf-announce@ietf.org>
Subject: Last Call: <draft-eggert-bcp45bis-07.txt> (IETF Discussion List Charter) to Best Current Practice
Sender: iesg-secretary@ietf.org
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 06:36:05 -0800

Responsible AD note:  I have asked for a second 4 week last call on this AD sponsored document for two reasons:
(2) Based on the last call feedback received, there have been some moderate changes to the draft during the last call process (between -06 and -07) and a second last call gives the community an opportunity to review and comment on those changes, and to ensure that there is community consensus to publish.

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider the
following document: - 'IETF Discussion List Charter'
  <draft-eggert-bcp45bis-07.txt> as Best Current Practice

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
last-call@ietf.org mailing lists by 2022-02-07. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to iesg@ietf.org instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) discussion mailing list
   furthers the development and specification of Internet technology
   through the general discussion of topics for which no dedicated
   mailing lists exists.  As this is the most general IETF mailing list,
   considerable latitude is allowed, but there are posts and topics that
   are unsuitable for this mailing list.

   This document obsoletes RFC3005.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-eggert-bcp45bis/