Registration Open for IETF 120 Vancouver, 20-26 July 2024

IETF Chair <chair@ietf.org> Wed, 17 April 2024 16:20 UTC

From: IETF Chair <chair@ietf.org>
To: ietf-announce@ietf.org, recentattendees@ietf.org
Subject: Registration Open for IETF 120 Vancouver, 20-26 July 2024
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 09:20:06 -0700

IETF 120 Vancouver
20-26 July, 2024
Hosted by Huawei

I am pleased to announce that registration is now open for IETF 120 Vancouver, 20-26 July 2024:

    https://registration.ietf.org

Register now at SUPER EARLY rates before 4 June:

Onsite
    Week Pass: $875
    One-day Pass:  $470
    Full-time Student Week Pass: $150
Remote
    Week Pass: $250
    One-day Pass: $140
    Full-time Student Week Pass: $55

>From 4 June, EARLY rates will apply and from 9 July, STANDARD rates.  Full details of all rates are on the registration site linked above. A special thanks to those people who choose to buy a STANDARD rate registration early to help fund the IETF.

Please note:
*  All fees are in USD and all dates in UTC
*  Payment must be made in full by the listed date to take advantage of Super Early or Early rates.
*  It is still possible to register solely for the IETF Hackathon at no charge.
*  You must have an IETF Datatracker account to both register and participate in this meeting. If you don’t already have one, you can create it during the registration process.

# Remote participation fee waivers
We understand that not everyone can afford the remote registration fee and so we make an unlimited number of remote participation fee waivers available. This operates on a trust basis with no checks on eligibility, and the list of fee waiver recipients is kept confidential. If you wish to participate remotely but cannot afford the registration fee then please take the fee waiver option:

   https://www.ietf.org/meeting/registration-fee-waivers/

# Registration changes and cancellation
If you register for onsite participation and wish to change to an online registration then you can cancel with a full refund and re-register. If you wish to cancel your registration for any other reason please contact us at support@ietf.org. Please request any cancellations and refunds by contacting us at support@ietf.org before 15 July 2024 UTC.

Further details about IETF Meeting registration, including terms and conditions, are available at:

   https://www.ietf.org/meeting/terms-and-conditions/

# Meeting venue and hotel reservations
The meeting venue is the Hyatt Regency Vancouver, which is also the main IETF hotel.  In addition, we have rooms as available at the Sheraton Vancouver Wall Center, while further options are being explored. Details can be found on the IETF 120 Meeting Venue and Hotel page:

   https://www.ietf.org/meeting/120/hotel

PLEASE NOTE: Room availability across Vancouver during this week is expected to be very low as there are other large events happening over this time, leading to very high guest room rates.  We encourage you to book early for IETF 120.  To ensure that our room block is only used by IETF participants, the link to register is only provided after registration and should not be shared.

# eTAs and Visas
Thanks to Telus, a Connectivity Sponsor for IETF 120, for generously providing our IETF 120 letter of invitation (LOI).

Please note that in order to enter Canada, you will be required to have a valid passport and potentially either a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). Additional information can be found by visiting the Canadian Government Immigration website, linked below. If you need a visa to travel to Canada, you can request a LOI from your attendee dashboard after registering for the meeting. If you have issues regarding your LOI, please contact us directly at support@ietf.org.

Electronic Travel Authorization and Visa Information:

   https://ircc.canada.ca/english/visit/visas.asp

# Agenda
A preliminary agenda will be published on 21 June. Full details about the meeting are available at:

    https://www.ietf.org/meeting/120/

# Childcare
We will be offering onsite childcare free to participants for children ages 0-12 from Saturday, 20 July through Friday, 26 July during the meeting day. Registering your children early is suggested, as space will be limited. The link to register your child(ren) will be available via your attendee dashboard soon. If you have any questions then please contact us at support@ietf.org.

Jay