Re: Historic to be: draft-rosen-vpn-mcast-15.txt

The IESG <iesg-secretary@ietf.org> Mon, 21 June 2010 18:09 UTC

From: The IESG <iesg-secretary@ietf.org>
To: RFC Editor <rfc-editor@rfc-editor.org>, rfc-ise@rfc-editor.org
Subject: Re: Historic to be: draft-rosen-vpn-mcast-15.txt
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 11:09:17 -0700
Cc: iana@iana.org, The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>, ietf-announce@ietf.org

The IESG has no problem with the publication of 'Cisco Systems' Solution
for Multicast in MPLS/BGP IP VPNs' <draft-rosen-vpn-mcast-15.txt> as a
Historic.

The IESG would also like the RFC-Editor to review the comments in the
datatracker
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=6172&rfc_flag=0)
related to this document and determine whether or not they merit
incorporation into the document. Comments may exist in both the ballot
and the comment log.

The IESG contact person is Adrian Farrel.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosen-vpn-mcast-15.txt

The process for such documents is described at
http://www.rfc-editor.org/indsubs.html.

Thank you,

The IESG Secretary

Technical Summary

   This draft describes the deployed MVPN (Multicast in BGP/MPLS IP
   VPNs) solution of Cisco Systems.

Working Group Summary

   This document is not the product of an IETF working group.

Document Quality

   I (Adrian Farrel) believe that early versions of this document and
   other related documents were discussed at length in the L3VPN working
   group before it transitioned to the Routing Area. However, this
   document has not been reviewed to consensus through the L3VPN working
   group.

   I am led to believe that at least one implementation exists and that
   there are deployments.

Personnel

   This document is on the Independent Stream and has arrived
   from the RFC Editor.

   Adrian Farrel performed the RFC 5742 review.

RFC Editor Note

   The IESG has concluded that this work is related to IETF work done
   in the L3VPN WG, but this relationship does not prevent publishing.