Rebooked venues selected for IETF 112, IETF 117, and IETF 120 meetings

IETF Executive Director <exec-director@ietf.org> Tue, 02 June 2020 22:38 UTC

From: IETF Executive Director <exec-director@ietf.org>
To: "IETF Announcement List" <ietf-announce@ietf.org>
Subject: Rebooked venues selected for IETF 112, IETF 117, and IETF 120 meetings
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2020 15:38:36 -0700

The IETF Administration LLC is pleased to announce that:

* IETF 112 will be held in Madrid at the Melia Castilla Hotel and Convention Center, 6-12 November 2021.  This was the venue originally booked for IETF 108, which was moved online because of the global pandemic [1].  We have chosen to rebook this venue to support the 20 years of significant community effort to bring an IETF meeting to Spain.

* IETF 117 will be held in San Francisco at the Hilton Union Square, 22-28 July 2023.  This was the venue originally booked for IETF 102, which was moved because of concerns about US travel restrictions [2].  We have rebooked this venue as it was either that or pay a significant cancellation fee.

* IETF 120 will be held in Vancouver at the Hyatt Regency Vancouver, 20-26 July 2024.  This was the venue originally booked for IETF 107, which was moved online because of the global pandemic [3].  We have chosen to rebook this venue to preserve the effort already put into contracting and preparing for this venue.

In general, as the process of selecting a venue is expensive and time consuming, rebooking previously cancelled venues ensure that those costs are not written off and additional costs are not incurred in selecting new venues.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any comments or questions.

[1]  https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf-announce/kzC7M48oKrAwdh9uyOvseeKFW3A/
[2]  https://iaoc.ietf.org/documents/IETF102Changeofvenuedates.pdf
[3]  https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf-announce/XenAlx4Nw6Jmg69QpXRUOwbzsXY/

--