Document Action: 'IANA Registry Update for Support of the SEED Cipher Algorithm in the Multimedia Internet KEYing (MIKEY)' to Informational RFC

The IESG <iesg-secretary@ietf.org> Tue, 08 December 2009 21:27 UTC

From: The IESG <iesg-secretary@ietf.org>
To: IETF-Announce <ietf-announce@ietf.org>
Subject: Document Action: 'IANA Registry Update for Support of the SEED Cipher Algorithm in the Multimedia Internet KEYing (MIKEY)' to Informational RFC
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 13:28:00 -0800
Cc: Internet Architecture Board <iab@iab.org>, RFC Editor <rfc-editor@rfc-editor.org>

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'IANA Registry Update for Support of the SEED Cipher Algorithm in the
   Multimedia Internet KEYing (MIKEY) '
   <draft-seokung-msec-mikey-seed-05.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Tim Polk.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-seokung-msec-mikey-seed-05.txt

Technical Summary

This document proposes the addition of new values to use the SEED
block cipher algorithm for the Secure Real-time Transport Protocol
(SRTP) and the Real-time Transport Control Protocol (RTCP) in
Multimedia Internet KEYing (MIKEY). The document identified new
algorithm types in the MIKEY namespace.

Working Group Summary

This I-D was discussed in an MSEC WG meeting, and there were no
objections to the I-D progressing. However it was determined that
there was no need for the WG to progress it.

Document Quality

The editorial quality and technical quality of the document are both
in good shape.

Personnel

   Brian Weis is the Document Shepherd for this document.
   Tim Polk is the Responsible Area Director.