Update on AdminRest activities -- consultant hired

Leslie Daigle <leslie@thinkingcat.com> Fri, 25 June 2004 00:23 UTC

To: IETF Announcement list <ietf-announce@ietf.org>
From: Leslie Daigle <leslie@thinkingcat.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 18:00:37 -0400
Cc: Carl Malamud <carl@media.org>, Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>, "Lynn St.Amour" <st.amour@isoc.org>
Subject: Update on AdminRest activities -- consultant hired
Sender: ietf-announce-bounces@ietf.org

I'm pleased to announce that Harald, Lynn and I have had
a successful search for the consultant position I outlined
in last month's report (copied below).

Carl Malamud has signed on as of June 21, for a six month
contract.  Many of you will know Carl from his extensive
business experience, including the Internet Multicasting
Service and the Internet Software Consortium.  Carl has
also worked as a consultant to the Board of Governors
of the Federal Reserve Board, and headed an independent
project resulting in the free availability of SEC EDGAR and other
US Government documents.  Of course, you will also
recognize him from his many years of work in the IETF.
We're confident that this range of experience will be most
helpful as we continue to review and refine the recommendations
for the administrative support of the IETF.

I'd like to thank everyone who offered their input to
the search.

Leslie.