Changes to the way we manage RFPs

IETF Executive Director <exec-director@ietf.org> Wed, 26 February 2020 03:15 UTC

From: IETF Executive Director <exec-director@ietf.org>
To: IETF Announcement List <ietf-announce@ietf.org>
Subject: Changes to the way we manage RFPs
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2020 19:15:35 -0800

The IETF Administration LLC is changing the way we manage RFPs.  These changes are part of a larger overhaul that will see further changes come in future.  The changes being made today are:

1. As of next week, we will be using a new RFP Announcement Mailing List [1] rfp-announce@ietf.org for all announcements relating to RFPs and stop using IETF-Announce.  This change is intended to help us reach a wider network of potential vendors, both directly through a lower volume, more focused list and indirectly through automated redistribution of issued RFPs.

2. We have a new formal process for managing RFPs, published on the RFPs page [2].

3. The RFPs page [2] now includes links to the all of the contracts for RFPs issued by the LLC.  These have the financial informaton redacted and where possible, signatures also redacted.

Planned changes include:

* Publishing vendor Conflict of Interest (COI) forms, once reviewed by the LLC Board.

* Publishing contract templates and non-negotiables (e.g. contract transparency) to allow vendors to study them before bidding.

* Engaging the community on the principles and processes we use for managing RFPs and what is and isn't appropriate for us to expect in our contracts.

* We will also investigate implementing some elements of the Open Contracting Data Standard [3]

Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions or feedback.