Re: [ietf-nomcom] past nomcom chair starting next process

"Spencer Dawkins" <spencer@wonderhamster.org> Sun, 05 April 2009 20:13 UTC

From: Spencer Dawkins <spencer@wonderhamster.org>
To: stbryant@cisco.com, Russ Housley <housley@vigilsec.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2009 15:13:22 -0500
Cc: ietf-nomcom@ietf.org, James M Galvin <galvin@elistx.com>
Subject: Re: [ietf-nomcom] past nomcom chair starting next process

Yeah, I think this is the tipping point. The first version of this draft
relied on the past NomCom chair to get started, and the comments were "gee,
we have a secretariat, why not use it?" and "and there's other stuff that
could happen before the new chair shows up".

I pointed everything to the secretariat (first comment) and added other
stuff (second comment). There's still work to do.

I'm wondering about putting the past NomCom chair in charge of deciding
whether something requires judgement, but wonder what other people would
think about that before I try to write draft text...

I am hoping NOT to have a list of what the secretariat can do, that we have
to update every time we identify a new task that doesn't require judgement.

Thanks,

Spencer