Re: [ietf-privacy] Terminology doc - privacy definition and intro

Hannes Tschofenig <hannes.tschofenig@gmx.net> Thu, 28 July 2011 20:59 UTC

From: Hannes Tschofenig <hannes.tschofenig@gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 16:58:56 -0400
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Cc: ietf-privacy@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [ietf-privacy] Terminology doc - privacy definition and intro

Hey Bjoern

I believe you have not seen that this terminology document comes with another document, a guidelines document:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-morris-privacy-considerations-03

At the IAB plenary this Monday we tried to explain the purpose (on a high level), see
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/81/slides/plenaryt-14.ppt

In a nutshell, we would like to have a more consistent way to talk about privacy in IETF documents. This requires two aspects:
 * terminology, and
 * additional guidance on what to write about.

Ciao
Hannes