Please review ietf-draft of the "application/soap+xml" media type

ylafon at w3.org (Yves Lafon) Tue, 22 April 2003 22:56 UTC

From: "ylafon at w3.org"
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 22:56:09 +0000
Subject: Please review ietf-draft of the "application/soap+xml" media type

This email serves to instantiate the two weeks discussion period on
"ietf-types@iana.org" of the ietf-draft describing the
"application/soap+xml" media type registration.

You can find the draft at
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-baker-soap-media-reg-02.txt

Thank you.

--
Yves Lafon - W3C
"Baroula que barouleras, au ti?u toujou t'entourneras."

                 The "application/soap+xml" media type
                   draft-baker-soap-media-reg-02.txt

Status of this Memo

   This document is an Internet-Draft and is subject to all provisions
   of Section 10 of RFC2026.

   Internet-Drafts are working documents of the Internet Engineering
   Task Force (IETF), its areas, and its working groups.  Note that
   other groups may also distribute working documents as
   Internet-Drafts.

   Internet-Drafts are draft documents valid for a maximum of six
   months and may be updated, replaced, or obsoleted by other
   documents at any time.  It is inappropriate to use Internet-
   Drafts as reference material or to cite them other than as
   "work in progress."

   The list of current Internet-Drafts can be accessed at
   http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-abstracts.txt

   The list of Internet-Draft Shadow Directories can be accessed at
   http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html.

   Feedback or discussion about this draft should be directed to the
   XML Protocol Working Group public mailing list, xml-dist-app@w3.org
   with archives at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-dist-app/

Abstract

   This document defines the "application/soap+xml" media type which can
   be used to describe SOAP 1.2 messages serialized as XML.

1. Introduction

   SOAP version 1.2 (SOAP) is a lightweight protocol intended for
   exchange of structured information between peers in a decentralized,
   distributed environment. It defines an extensible messaging framework
   that contains a message construct based on XML technologies that can
   be exchanged over a variety of underlying protocols.

   This specification defines the media type "application/soap+xml"
   which can be used to identify SOAP messages serialized with XML 1.0
   carried in MIME or MIME like protocols that support the concept of
   media types for which a SOAP binding has been defined.

2. Registration

   The registration form can be found in Appendix A of the "SOAP 1.2
   Part 2: Adjuncts" [SOAP12P2] specification.

3. Authors' Addresses

   Mark A. Baker
   Independent
   37 Charles St.
   Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA. K1M 1R3
   tel:+1-613-286-4390
   mailto:distobj@acm.org

   Mark Nottingham
   BEA Systems
   Level 15, 235 Montgomery Street
   San Francisco, CA, US.  94104
   mailto:mnot@pobox.com

4. References

[SOAP12P2] "SOAP Version 1.2 Part 2: Adjuncts", W3C Candidate
         Recommendation (work in progress), December 2002.  Gudgin, M.,
         Hadley, M., Mendelsohn, N., Moreau, JJ., Nielsen, H.
         <http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/CR-soap12-part1-20021219>.