ISDN MIB BOF

Fred Baker <fred@cisco.com> Wed, 01 February 1995 02:08 UTC

Date: Tue, 31 Jan 1995 18:06:04 -0800
To: ietf@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US, snmp@psi.com
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Fred Baker <fred@cisco.com>
Subject: ISDN MIB BOF
Cc: Ed Alcoff <eda@combinet.com>, mrose.iesg@dbc.mtview.ca.us

This is to announce a BOF at the Danvers IETF, targeting development of a
public SNMP MIB for ISDN interfaces. It will be chaired by Ed Alcoff
(Combinet) and myself (Fred Baker, Cisco Systems).

The objective is to determine the requirement for a public MIB, and (given
that we agree that it is needed) agree on a general approach to its
structure and contents, and on what should not be included.

I have posted two prototype MIBs, one which was sent to me by Tryfon
Chiotis of the National Technical University of Athens, and one which has
been under development at Cisco. These are for discussion, ways of
approaching the MIB design. I encourage others to also post their MIBs or
prototype MIBs under the same ground rules.

The names of the documents are

        draft-ietf-snmp-isdn-netmode-00.txt     NETMODE (NTUA MIB)
        draft-ietf-snmp-isdn-cisco-00.txt       Cisco Systems

If you post another, please follow the same convention, and advise Ed and
myself that you have posted it.

The agenda of the BOF will be:

        agenda bashing
        brief presentation on each posted MIB
        general discussion of how - and whether - to proceed

See you there.

Top Ten Reasons Santa Didn't Come in '94
 6. The sleigh has an "Intel Inside" sticker on it. 'Nuff said.