Re: IETF Sustainability - New Website Launch

"Bert Wijnen (IETF)" <bertietf@bwijnen.net> Wed, 15 June 2016 07:12 UTC

Subject: Re: IETF Sustainability - New Website Launch
To: ietf@ietf.org, Kathy Brown <brown@isoc.org>, jari Arkko <jari.arkko@piuha.net>
From: "Bert Wijnen (IETF)" <bertietf@bwijnen.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 09:12:00 +0200

Thanks for initiating the effort and FINALLY taking some action on
the (was it?) 75K that IETFers donated already several years ago.

A few comments:
- I find the picture on page 3 in-appropriate. It gives the idea
   that one supports poor people? I do not think that this is the
   case. I have found the usage of poor (often children, often of color)
   people in these sort of cmapaigns very questionable. Certainly given the
   large amount of money that PIR already makes for ISOC and IETF.
- page4 (titled "Make a gift" has such faint font that it is difficult
   to read (and my eye are not 100% anymore but still pretty good).

Bert