Re: The "Clerk" function and Standards throughput and quality

John C Klensin <john-ietf@jck.com> Thu, 07 October 2004 21:31 UTC

Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 17:22:59 -0400
From: John C Klensin <john-ietf@jck.com>
To: Carl Malamud <carl@media.org>
Cc: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>, ietf@ietf.org
Subject: Re: The "Clerk" function and Standards throughput and quality
Sender: ietf-bounces@ietf.org

Carl,

You know that this is going to take more than one employee (or
individual contractor) and that the difference is hair-splitting
for most reasons.   I know that.  The document if read carefully
is pretty clear about that.

But I keep seeing "one employee only" comments which lead me to
believe that some people are still confused.

    john

--On Thursday, October 07, 2004 7:20 AM -0700 Carl Malamud