Re: remote participation

Alessandro Amirante <alex@meetecho.com> Tue, 13 November 2018 09:05 UTC

Subject: Re: remote participation
To: Ted Lemon <mellon@fugue.com>, Spencer Dawkins at IETF <spencerdawkins.ietf@gmail.com>
Cc: John C Klensin <john-ietf@jck.com>, ietf <ietf@ietf.org>, sandy@tislabs.com
From: Alessandro Amirante <alex@meetecho.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2018 10:05:32 +0100
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=aruba.it; s=a1; t=1542099935; bh=iMt30r8IMyVG//b39IshfrpuOlpgGIfF/dvSxyv3hAA=; h=Subject:To:From:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=DgRvpe2mrIDDGuVuu+jiPy6L5az4PtJxs7RZbgqhwqedewchOpNCqjLvNuVhMrSO5 6IyWJykSYjX9ap3M1mfpp5KaJKGZkLxS8XYi8mdlfjkuzwF1QdYClEBQM+2xYZvRMi dEGO1zQM9R/2CydIIlggsHvZcDngZ3AJ42heYo/FyDfA9jec0qJM61qn4Op0yrivsE BG6QJRXqCBJxChjcy2zRMBNHbpjutk+Dg/+eAmygGAIx0t5D57tDYSUUCLXrSWJiQd u8rzB7gOTISpKVZELC3L082xZ+Bltnjc4Ds36a2LvVuKTZZMKR61w7mt+Kvi/SCfmQ DiBc9zROW+Org==

Il 13/11/18 02:41, Ted Lemon ha scritto:
> Several people have pointed out that they weren't able to access the
>  Meetecho Jabber,
There's no Meetecho Jabber room. Meetecho relays the IETF official
jabber channels (e.g., wgname@jabber.ietf.org).
We have not been reported of people having problems accessing Meetecho
during the last meeting. If you know such people, Ted, can you please
ask them to get in touch with us so we can see what happened and sort it
out?

> and also that the way it handles names isn't ideal.

I'm not sure I get what you mean by "handling names", but please address
any feedback to the Meetecho team. The IETF remote participation
platform has improved a lot over the years thanks to the precious
feedback received by the IETF community. All feedback we receive is
taken into consideration for the upcoming meetings.

>  I wasn't able to access it because I didn't have an access code
> handy and didn't want to register for remote access when not remote.

As I already said in another thread, all information you need is your
name and your Registration ID, which is also printed on your badge if
you're on-site.

Alessandro

--
Ing. Alessandro Amirante, Ph.D.