Re: [mpls] R: RE: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-tp-cc-cv-rdi-05.txt> (Proactive Connectivity Verification, Continuity Check and Remote Defect indication for MPLS Transport Profile) to Proposed Standard

Greg Mirsky <gregimirsky@gmail.com> Thu, 14 July 2011 02:57 UTC

Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 19:57:17 -0700
Subject: Re: [mpls] R: RE: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-tp-cc-cv-rdi-05.txt> (Proactive Connectivity Verification, Continuity Check and Remote Defect indication for MPLS Transport Profile) to Proposed Standard
From: Greg Mirsky <gregimirsky@gmail.com>
To: "erminio.ottone_69@libero.it" <erminio.ottone_69@libero.it>
Cc: "mpls@ietf.org" <mpls@ietf.org>, "ietf@ietf.org" <ietf@ietf.org>, david.i.allan@ericsson.com, IETF-Announce <ietf-announce@ietf.org>, Stewart Bryant <stbryant@cisco.com>

Dear Erminio,
I'd point that the scope of G.8113.1, a.k.a G.tpoam in regard to CCM is even
more narrow then of the document being discussed. The G.8113.1 addresses
only bi-directional co-routed LSP and has no model to handle bi-directional
associated LSP in independent mode. And unidirectional p2p and p2mp LSPs are
not addressed by the current revision of the G.8113.1.
Can all these out-of-scope constructs be used to conclude that G.8113.1 is
not capable to solve these issues? I don't think so. Solutions are not
readily available, that's all.

Regards,
Greg