1st draft Montreal agenda; WG Last-Call for Negotiation Mechanism

John Linn <linn@cam.ov.com> Tue, 28 May 1996 14:37 UTC

To: cat-ietf@mit.edu
Cc: linn@cam.ov.com
Subject: 1st draft Montreal agenda; WG Last-Call for Negotiation Mechanism
Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 09:47:19 -0400
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: John Linn <linn@cam.ov.com>

CAT fanciers:

Here's a first draft (currently rather sparse) for the Montreal CAT
agenda.  If anyone wishes to make further requests in advance of the
meeting for specific topic slots related to CAT WG work items, please
do so.

Draft 1 (28 May 1996): Common Authentication Technology (CAT)
agenda, Montreal IETF:

Wednesday, 26 June, 1300-1500:

1300-1330: General discussion: agenda review/revision, Los Angeles
actions, status reports on activities, review of status and
advancement plans for drafts.

1330-1350: Usage of GSS-API in connectionless environment (D. Pinkas).

1350-1420: IDUP and IDUP Mechanisms (C. Adams).

1420-1500: [Continuing discussion, as needed.]

Thursday, 27 June, 0900-1130:

0900-1130: [Continuing discussion, as needed.]

Denis Pinkas has requested that a WG Last-Call be initiated on the
Simple GSS-API Negotiation Mechanism Internet-Draft
(draft-ietf-cat-snego-01.txt).  I believe that WG consensus exists on
the need for a negotiation mechanism such as is proposed in this
draft, and that the specific proposal therein is relatively stable and
has received constructive review and comment within the WG.  With this
message, I propose to open a WG Last-Call on
draft-ietf-cat-snego-01.txt, to extend through Tuesday, 11 June, for
consideration of its recommendation from the WG to the IESG for
advancement to Proposed Standard.

Reviewing the set of CAT WG Internet-Drafts, I note that we currently
have one I-D (draft-ietf-cat-kerb5gss-07.txt) approved by the IESG for
RFC publication and pending RFC Editor action, and two I-Ds
(draft-ietf-cat-spkmgss-06.txt and draft-ietf-cat-gssv2-06.txt)
awaiting action by the IESG.  The preceding paragraph of this message
proposes placement of an additional I-D (draft-ietf-cat-snego-01.txt)
into WG Last-Call.  I'd like to solicit interested keepers of other
CAT WG I-Ds to provide status updates and to request follow-up
discussion on the WG mailing list, as a basis to be reviewed at the
Montreal meeting.  If such discussion emerges on the list, I'll
reflect it in a subsequent update to the agenda.

--jl