Re: problem with RPCSEC_GSS specification

John Linn <linn@cam.ov.com> Wed, 07 May 1997 13:55 UTC

To: Marc Horowitz <marc@cygnus.com>
Cc: Mike Eisler <Michael.Eisler@eng.sun.com>, oncrpc-wg@sunroof.eng.sun.com, cat-ietf@mit.edu, linn@cam.ov.com
Subject: Re: problem with RPCSEC_GSS specification
Date: Wed, 07 May 1997 08:26:50 -0400
From: John Linn <linn@cam.ov.com>

CAT and ONCRPC-ers:

For the benefit of oncrpc-wg subscribers who don't read cat-ietf, the latter
list has recently been discussing a compilation of errata against rfc-2078,
clarifying/correcting rfc-2078 largely for purposes of alignment with
subsequent work on the C bindings.  It seems reasonable to me to propose,
as an addition to that compilation, replicating the numeric values from
draft-ietf-cat-gssv2-cbind-04, Table 5-2 (Routine Errors), and Table 5-3
(Supplementary Status Bits) when the successor to rfc-2078 is next advanced.
In conjunction, some reworking would be required in rfc-2078 to make
more explicit the separate treatment (as evolved in the C bindings) of
supplementary major stati CONTINUE_NEEDED, DUPLICATE_TOKEN, OLD_TOKEN,
UNSEQ_TOKEN, and GAP_TOKEN, which are represented in a separate element
within a structured status result and can, in some cases, be indicated in
conjunction with a non-zero Routine Error.

--jl