IP"NG" and IPv6 are not the same thing....

"Jim Fleming" <JimFleming@ameritech.net> Wed, 14 August 2002 17:27 UTC

From: Jim Fleming <JimFleming@ameritech.net>
To: 'The IETF' <ietf@ietf.org>
Subject: IP"NG" and IPv6 are not the same thing....
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 11:22:29 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf@ietf.org

IP"NG" and IPv6 are not the same thing....NG refers to Next Generation (i.e. IPv4++)

See also...
http://www.netfilter.org/

Jim Fleming
2002:[IPv4]:000X:03DB:...IPv8 is closer than you think...
http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv4-address-space
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/130dftmail/unir.txt