RE: Last Call: Tags for the Identification of Languages to BCP

Dan Kohn <dan@dankohn.com> Fri, 20 October 2000 22:20 UTC

From: Dan Kohn <dan@dankohn.com>
To: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <Kurt@OPENLDAP.ORG>, ietf@ietf.org
Subject: RE: Last Call: Tags for the Identification of Languages to BCP
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 15:12:08 -0700

As you can see from Appendix B, all of the changes are backward compatible,
and so you would treat all references to RFC 1766 as referencing the new
specification instead.

This is the normal way standards progress through maturity, as otherwise
issuing any new RFC would require dozens or hundreds of other RFCs to be
simultaneously reissued.

		- dan
--
Dan Kohn <mailto:dan@dankohn.com>