Re: Moved to Historic: RFC 5047 on DA: Datamover Architecture for the Internet Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI)

John C Klensin <john-ietf@jck.com> Thu, 26 March 2020 02:27 UTC

Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2020 22:27:07 -0400
From: John C Klensin <john-ietf@jck.com>
To: rfc-editor@rfc-editor.org
cc: ietf@ietf.org
Subject: Re: Moved to Historic: RFC 5047 on DA: Datamover Architecture for the Internet Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI)

I am not questioning the decision to move this document to
Historic, but I don't remember seeing a Last Call announcement
and there does not appear to be anything in the datatracker
about this RFC since its approval and publication in 2007.

My understanding has been that the RFC Editor stopped moving
IETF Stream documents to Historic on its own initiative many
years ago.  Was there a Last Call?  If this was done as an IESG
executive decision, where is the decision and the motivation for
doing it with this document at this time, documented?

thanks,
   john

--On Wednesday, March 25, 2020 18:41 -0700