gre-in-udp draft (was: RE: [tsvwg] Milestones changed for tsvwg WG)

"Black, David" <david.black@emc.com> Wed, 08 January 2014 23:21 UTC

From: "Black, David" <david.black@emc.com>
To: "l.wood@surrey.ac.uk" <l.wood@surrey.ac.uk>, "gorry@erg.abdn.ac.uk" <gorry@erg.abdn.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2014 18:20:52 -0500
Subject: gre-in-udp draft (was: RE: [tsvwg] Milestones changed for tsvwg WG)
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "ietf@ietf.org" <ietf@ietf.org>, "jnc@mit.edu" <jnc@mit.edu>, "lisp@ietf.org" <lisp@ietf.org>, "tsvwg@ietf.org" <tsvwg@ietf.org>

Lloyd,

<tsvwg WG co-chair hat OFF>

This is only at the draft adoption stage - the tsvwg WG gets to take a hard
look at the zero checksum conditions in the gre-in-udp-encap draft and
make sure that they're right (the WG could even remove the support for
zero checksums) - that's among the good reasons for adopting the draft
in tsvwg as opposed to elsewhere.

Speaking of elsewhere, draft-ietf-mpls-in-udp is in IETF Last Call and has
language allowing zero UDP checksums - I might suggest that you (and anyone
else who cares about this topic) go read that draft and consider whether
making Last Call comments would be appropriate.

Thanks,
--David
</tsvwg WG co-chair hat OFF>