Re: sending strings data into IPfix stream

DESCOMBES Thierry <descombes@lpsc.in2p3.fr> Tue, 02 July 2013 13:56 UTC

Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2013 15:58:22 +0200
From: DESCOMBES Thierry <descombes@lpsc.in2p3.fr>
To: Brian Trammell <trammell@tik.ee.ethz.ch>
Subject: Re: sending strings data into IPfix stream
Cc: ietf@ietf.org

Hi Brian,
Thanks a lot for your answer.
Our IPFIX exporter is a bit specific, and we'd like to export
periodically a list of hostname, ipaddress and related data (that are
not available from the collector: owner, serial number, ...)
It should be easier to send this list using IPFIX stream (and this deals
with all security/filtering policy)...
The transmission frequency of this list will be quite low. What is the
right way to dothat ? Do I have to use IPFIX option templates to send
such data, or not ?
Thanks a lot. Cheers
Thierry