Re: Document review

Brian E Carpenter <brc@zurich.ibm.com> Mon, 09 May 2005 13:48 UTC

Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 15:48:39 +0200
From: Brian E Carpenter <brc@zurich.ibm.com>
To: ietf@ietf.org
Subject: Re: Document review
Sender: ietf-bounces@ietf.org

Bruce,

Do you think it's OK for the IESG to kick a draft right back to
the WG by saying

   "This is a mess and fundamentally wrong, but we don't have
    time to tell you why, so you have to go find a reviewer." ?

This is a serious question... my concern is that this is a
surefire way to annoy the whole WG (quite apart from the fact that
it would indicate an enormous failure at an earlier stage).

    Brian