Re: Last Call: <draft-santesson-auth-context-extension-09.txt> (Authentication Context Certificate Extension) to Proposed Standard

Russ Housley <housley@vigilsec.com> Tue, 17 November 2015 16:28 UTC

Subject: Re: Last Call: <draft-santesson-auth-context-extension-09.txt> (Authentication Context Certificate Extension) to Proposed Standard
From: Russ Housley <housley@vigilsec.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 11:27:48 -0500
To: Kathleen Moriarty <kathleen.moriarty.ietf@gmail.com>
Cc: IETF <ietf@ietf.org>

I have no objection to the change from Information to Standards Track.  However, there are some errors in the ASN.1 modules that need to be corrected.

The module in Appendix A.1 uses the 1988 syntax, and it imports but never uses the Extension type.  Removing the IMPORT statement altogether will resolve this problem.

The module in Appendix A.2 uses the 2008 syntax, and the IMPORT statement is missing the ending semi-colon.

In addition, the Appendix A.2 should contain an extension set similar to the ones in RFC 5912.  I suggest something like:

   ElegnamndenCertExtensions EXTENSION ::= {
       ext-AuthenticationContext, ... }

Russ