RE: [Softwires] Last Call: <draft-ietf-softwire-6rd-radius-attrib-07.txt> (RADIUS Attribute for 6rd) to Proposed Standard

Sheng Jiang <jiangsheng@huawei.com> Mon, 19 November 2012 02:10 UTC

From: Sheng Jiang <jiangsheng@huawei.com>
To: Maglione Roberta <roberta.maglione@telecomitalia.it>, 'Leaf Yeh' <leaf.yeh.sdo@gmail.com>
Subject: RE: [Softwires] Last Call: <draft-ietf-softwire-6rd-radius-attrib-07.txt> (RADIUS Attribute for 6rd) to Proposed Standard
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 02:10:23 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.111.98.140]
Cc: "softwires@ietf.org" <softwires@ietf.org>, "dhcwg@ietf.org" <dhcwg@ietf.org>, "ietf@ietf.org" <ietf@ietf.org>

Hi, Roberta and Leaf,

Carefully checked RFC2131, the original text was right, but not clearly define the time that client enters REBINDING state. So Leaf's comments also right. New text will be the below. It would be added after AD's instruction for next update, maybe with other comments from IESG.

If the DHCP server to which the DHCP Request message was sent at time
   T1 has not responded "till T2", the DHCP client enters the REBINDING state and
   attempts to contact any server.

Many thanks and best regards,

Sheng