GSS-API errata

John Linn 24-Nov-1992 1559 <linn@albeit.enet.dec.com> Tue, 24 November 1992 21:06 UTC

Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1992 15:56:42 -0500
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: John Linn 24-Nov-1992 1559 <linn@albeit.enet.dec.com>
To: cat-ietf@mit.edu, crocker@tis.com, galvin@tis.com
Cc: linn@albeit.enet.dec.com
Apparently-To: galvin@tis.com, crocker@tis.com, cat-ietf@mit.edu
Subject: GSS-API errata

I've made a minor edit to the high-level GSS-API spec as available in
draft-ietf-cat-genericsec-02 to fix two errata:

(1) As discussed earlier on the mailing list, an actual_mechs output
parameter has been added to GSS_Acquire_cred().

(2) The description of GSS_Compare_name() had contained an anomaly,
passing in a name2_type argument to describe the type of input name2
but without a corresponding name1_type to describe input name1.  I've
changed the description to eliminate the name2_type input, leaving the
type information to be represented within the internal name structures
which an implementation employs.

Unless there's significant discussion on these points, I believe that
the resulting spec version is the right one to forward out from the CAT
WG.  Jim: shall I format to .txt and .ps and mail the results to you, or
should I submit it as an updated Internet-Draft?

--jl