Re: GSS-API V2

"Theodore Y. Ts'o" <tytso@mit.edu> Fri, 14 March 1997 20:25 UTC

Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 13:04:09 -0500
From: "Theodore Y. Ts'o" <tytso@mit.edu>
To: Ashraf Madoukh - 534-3137 <ashraf@dns.sprintcorp.com>
Cc: CAT-IETF Group <cat-ietf@mit.edu>
Subject: Re: GSS-API V2
Address: 1 Amherst St., Cambridge, MA 02139
Phone: (617) 253-8091

   From: "Ashraf Madoukh - (913) 534-3137" <ashraf@dns.sprintcorp.com>
   Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 09:36:17 -0600

   Is there any company who fully implemented GSS-API V2.0 or are we still in
   discussion phase only?
   What's the latest draft on GSS-API v2.0?

It's hardly "just discussion"; the MIT Kerberos release has most (but
not quite all) of GSSAPI V2.0 implemented.  I'm planning on implementing
the last two or three new calls in the near future.

The high-level GSSPAI specification has been released as RFC 2078.  The
latest GSSAPI C bindings spec is draft-ietf-cat-gssv2-cbind-03.txt.

The MIT Kerberos Papers and Documentation page has links to the relevent
GSSAPI standards, and it's generally up-to-date.  (If you notice
something that isn't up to date on the page, e-mail me and I'll fix it.)

	http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/www/papers.html

							- Ted