RE: Impending publication: draft-iab-considerations-02.txt

Adam Roach <adam@dynamicsoft.com> Fri, 06 September 2002 18:10 UTC

From: Adam Roach <adam@dynamicsoft.com>
To: 'Robert Elz' <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>, Adam Roach <adam@dynamicsoft.com>
Cc: "'floyd@icir.org'" <floyd@icir.org>, "'ietf@ietf.org'" <ietf@ietf.org>
Subject: RE: Impending publication: draft-iab-considerations-02.txt
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 12:49:51 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf@ietf.org

I was not passing judgement on the guidance presented in
draft-tsvarea-sipchange. I was pointing out that a document
cited as a reference in draft-iab-considerations is
effectively contradicted. (My proposed solution was not
intended as an endorsement; it was based on what appeared
to be the most expedient way to address the inconsistency,
giving precedence to the more established document).

I also am not going to make a statement about your comments
themselves; however, I suggest that they would be most
productively directed to the authors of the draft-tsvarea-sipchange
document.

In any case, I assert that there is an inconsistency, and
that a prudent course of action would involve reaching
consensus on these issues before either document is published
as an RFC.

/a