Protocol Action: GSS-API Authentication Method for SOCKS Version 5 to Proposed Standard

The IESG <iesg-secretary@ietf.org> Mon, 15 April 1996 15:38 UTC

To: IETF-Announce:;
Cc: RFC Editor <rfc-editor@isi.edu>
Cc: Internet Architecture Board <iab@isi.edu>
Cc: aft@unify.com
Sender: ietf-announce-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: The IESG <iesg-secretary@ietf.org>
Subject: Protocol Action: GSS-API Authentication Method for SOCKS Version 5 to Proposed Standard
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 1996 11:32:24 -0400

   The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft "GSS-API Authentication
   Method for SOCKS Version 5" <draft-ietf-aft-gssapi-02.txt> as a
   Proposed Standard. The IESG contact person is Jeffrey I. Schiller.

Technical Summary

   This document describes how to use the GSS-API abstract interface
   for providing client to server authentication in the SOCKS V5
   Authenticated Firewall forwarding protocol.

Working Group Summary

   This document is the work of the Authenticated Firewall Traversal
   Working Group.  It is the consensus of the working group that this
   protocol provides the necessary functionality to make use of the
   GSS-API in a SOCKS context.

Protocol Quality

   This protocol has been reviewed by Jeffrey I. Schiller, Security
   Area Director.