Re: Last Calls: [SOME RFCs] to HISTORIC RFCs

Michael StJohns <mstjohns@comcast.net> Fri, 28 October 2011 04:59 UTC

From: Michael StJohns <mstjohns@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Last Calls: [SOME RFCs] to HISTORIC RFCs
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 00:59:40 -0400
To: Mykyta Yevstifeyev <evnikita2@gmail.com>
Cc: IETF Discussion <ietf@ietf.org>

I would suggest that the pre-IETF RFCs that weren't adopted as Internet standards (I.e. the first four you listed) are not properly the purview of the IETF for the purpose of declaring them historical.

For the other three - a quick check indicates these were properly superseded as you note.  The Historical status is for the Standard, not for one of its previous document versions. The appropriate status for the document is superseded, the status for the standards (and the current documents ) should remain as is, unless they are no longer being seen in the wild.

While I appreciate the cleanup attempts, let's try not to overreach.

Mike

Sent from my iPad