[EAI] A few editorial nits in RFC-to-be 5983 (draft-ietf-eai-mailinglist)

Julien ÉLIE <julien@trigofacile.com> Fri, 03 September 2010 20:18 UTC

From: Julien ÉLIE <julien@trigofacile.com>
To: ima@ietf.org
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2010 21:18:51 +0200

Hi all,

I have just read http://www.rfc-editor.org/auth48/rfc5983
and a few editorial nits still remain in the last version:

* Section 3
    transaction. (Often, mailing lists are constructed to work in
and
    situation.) Further discussions are included in section 6 of this

=> Two spaces after the end of the previous sentence.

* Section 4
    There are also implications for the List-* headers (see below).

=> the List-* header fields

    particular, if a List-* header contains a UTF-8 mailto (even encoded

=> a List-* header field
Also check all other uses of the term in the document.  It is sometimes
written as "header" and sometimes (but less) as the correct "header field"
form.

    should use the left most protocol that it supports, or knows how

=> Well, I prefer "leftmost" in one word for clarity, but I believe it could
remain as-is (because it has not been changed after the RFC Editor review).

* Section 6
   mailing list upgrades to internationalized mail.

=> A general remark for the set of RFCs:  is there a difference of meaning
between "mail" and "email"?  I thought "internationalized email" was the
preferred term.
Maybe here, "internationalized messages" would be better?  That very notion
of internationalized messages is defined in Framework.

* Security Considerations
   sender filters, and other common list administration features. For

=> I see it is a new paragraph, added during AUTH48.  Double space after
the final dot.

I believe it is still time to take these minor editorial nits into account
during AUTH48.

Have a nice week-end,

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Un dictionnaire est comme une montre ; il vaut mieux en avoir un
  que pas du tout, mais le meilleur n'est jamais tout à fait exact. »
  (Georges-Bernard Shaw)