Re: [imap5] Should unsolicited EXPUNGE responses be returned during UID MOVE?

"Adrien W. de Croy" <adrien@qbik.com> Wed, 30 May 2012 21:10 UTC

From: "Adrien W. de Croy" <adrien@qbik.com>
To: Timo Sirainen <tss@iki.fi>, Cyrus Daboo <cyrus@daboo.name>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 21:11:12 +0000
Cc: "Discussion on drastically slimming-down IMAP." <imap5@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [imap5] Should unsolicited EXPUNGE responses be returned during UID MOVE?

what about using the sequences in the final tagged response as an
indication of what was actually successfully moved..  the ones that map
source messages to new UIDs.

We suppress EXPUNGE responses during MOVE already.  When you're moving
a large set of messages, this improves things quite a bit in terms of
bw and speed.

----
WinGate 7 is released! - http://www.wingate.com/getlatest/