Re: [INDEP] Last Call Summary of rfc-independent

Jari Arkko <jari.arkko@piuha.net> Mon, 05 March 2007 20:15 UTC

Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 22:15:50 +0200
From: Jari Arkko <jari.arkko@piuha.net>
To: John C Klensin <john-ietf@jck.com>
Subject: Re: [INDEP] Last Call Summary of rfc-independent
Cc: olaf@NLnetLabs.nl, independent@ietf.org, Bob Braden <braden@ISI.EDU>

John, Bob -- I agree with you but I have difficulties in coming
up with exact rules, and I'd rather not have a very hard rule
anyway since ultimately its a judgment call whether the
document has really been in the IETF process. So unless
you have some specific text suggestion that we could look
at, I don't know what else we could write.

I do think, however, that with the "should normally" it is
very clear for the authors where to seek publication
first.

Jari