[Int-area] Mirja Kühlewind's Yes on draft-ietf-intarea-provisioning-domains-10: (with COMMENT)

Mirja Kühlewind via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Mon, 20 January 2020 17:43 UTC

From: Mirja Kühlewind via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-intarea-provisioning-domains@ietf.org, Erik Kline <ek@loon.com>, intarea-chairs@ietf.org, ek@loon.com, int-area@ietf.org
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2020 09:43:02 -0800
Subject: [Int-area] Mirja Kühlewind's Yes on draft-ietf-intarea-provisioning-domains-10: (with COMMENT)

Mirja Kühlewind has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-intarea-provisioning-domains-10: Yes

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-intarea-provisioning-domains/

COMMENT:

Thanks for this well-written document (and thanks Martin for the TSV-ART
review)!

I have no real issues but two quick questions:

1) In Sec 3.4 (and somewhere earlier as well), you say:
"In case multiple PvD Options are found in a given RA, hosts MUST
   ignore all but the first PvD Option."
Why is that restriction actually needed? I mean given you can send multiple RA
from the same source address with each an PvD Option with either different of
the same ID, would it be so bad to have multiple PvD Option in the same RA?

2) As this document refers to draft-kline-mif-mpvd-api-reqs, is there any plan
to update and publish this doc? However, this draft anyway "only" talk about
API requirement, but I guess some network signalling would also be needed...?
Is there any additional work?

P.S.: The shepherd writ-up seems a bit out-dated...