Re: [Int-area] Call for comment on draft-rahman-rtg-router-alert-considerations-02.txt

Jukka MJ Manner <jmanner@cs.Helsinki.FI> Wed, 29 July 2009 14:37 UTC

Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 17:37:09 +0300
From: Jukka MJ Manner <jmanner@cs.Helsinki.FI>
To: Francois Le Faucheur IMAP <flefauch@cisco.com>
Cc: int-area@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Int-area] Call for comment on draft-rahman-rtg-router-alert-considerations-02.txt

Hi,

I'll repeat here my comment that I gave on the mic.

1. I believe the point of the draft is to say that you should not use RAO
end-to-end across the Internet. If you have a closely controlled
environment, RAO is okey, provided that you know what you are doing (and
this part is what the document is trying to tell, describe the more or
less well-knwon problems with RAO). Yet, to me the message is a bit fuzzy
and unclear.

2. IPv6 hop-by-hop options have the same problems, I guess.

Cheers,
Jukka