Re: [Int-area] ACTION REQUIRED: Extending working group last call for draft-ietf-intarea-nat-reveal-analysis-02

Joe Touch <touch@isi.edu> Thu, 05 July 2012 23:55 UTC

Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2012 16:54:41 -0700
From: Joe Touch <touch@isi.edu>
To: Dan Wing <dwing@cisco.com>
Cc: 'Internet Area' <int-area@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Int-area] ACTION REQUIRED: Extending working group last call for draft-ietf-intarea-nat-reveal-analysis-02

BTW, the MAP doc cites RFC 6145, which has errors as follows:

1. it sets IPv4 ID=0 when IPv6 lacks a frag header
     that will hopefully be possible after ipv4-id-update is final,
     but wasn't valid a the time the doc was published

2. copying the low 16 bits of the IPv6 ID field to the IPv4 ID field is
invalid
     that field might not follow the ID uniqueness criteria of IPv4

3. the system assumes IPv4 can reassemble 1280 byte packets
     but only 576 can be assumed

I've brought these to the attention of the authors...

Joe