[ipcdn] Re: [Disman] WG last call on draft-ietf-disman-remops-mib-v2-01.txt

Juergen Quittek <quittek@ccrle.nec.de> Thu, 17 June 2004 13:20 UTC

Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 23:46:59 +0200
From: Juergen Quittek <quittek@ccrle.nec.de>
To: Randy Presuhn <randy_presuhn@mindspring.com>, disman@ietf.org
Cc: ipcdn@ietf.org
Subject: [ipcdn] Re: [Disman] WG last call on draft-ietf-disman-remops-mib-v2-01.txt
Sender: ipcdn-bounces@ietf.org

Dear all,

I just posted a new version of the remote operation MIB modules.
Following Eduardo's suggestion I added Minimum Compliancy statements
in addition to the existing full compliancy statements to each of the
three MIB modules.

I also had to (syntactically) modify the existing compliancy
statements.  Please have a close look at all six MODULE-COMPLIANCE
macros.  Until the document becomes available at the I-D repository,
you can preview it at
ftp://ftp.ccrle.nec.de/pub/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-disman-remops-mib-v2-02.txt

There was not much response on my questions on how to define the
minimum compliance statements.  I preferred leaving read-only
objects in place to creating non-consecutive numbering of objects
in table entries.  I am not dogmatic about this and suggestions
for changes are very welcome.

For simplifying the review here is a list of objects and groups
for which the full and minimum compliance statements differ:

pingHistoryGroup,
pingNotificationsGroup
pingCtlDataFill
pingCtlFrequency
pingCtlMaxRows
pingCtlTrapGeneration
pingCtlProbeFailureFilter
pingCtlTestFailureFilter
pingCtlDescr
pingCtlByPassRouteTable
pingProbeHistoryTime

traceRouteHistoryGroup
traceRouteCtlByPassRouteTable
traceRouteCtlDontFragment
traceRouteCtlInitialTtl
traceRouteCtlFrequency
traceRouteCtlDescr
traceRouteCtlMaxRows
traceRouteCtlTrapGeneration
traceRouteCtlCreateHopsEntries
traceRouteCtlRowStatus
traceRouteHopsLastGoodProbe

lookupCtlRowStatus

Beyond the compliance statement I just made two changes to the document:

1. Added new section 3.4 introducing the compliance statement

2. Extended DESCRIPTION clause of object lookupPurgeTime by one sentence:

         "A value of 0 indicates that automatic deletion
          of entries is disabled."

Thanks,

    Juergen
--
Juergen Quittek        quittek@ccrle.nec.de        Tel: +49 6221 90511-15
NEC Europe Ltd.,       Network Laboratories        Fax: +49 6221 90511-55