[ipcdn] Changes in draft-ietf-ipcdn-pktc-mtamib-07.txt

"Jean-Francois Mule" <jf.mule@cablelabs.com> Thu, 27 October 2005 21:38 UTC

Subject: [ipcdn] Changes in draft-ietf-ipcdn-pktc-mtamib-07.txt
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 14:17:57 -0600
From: Jean-Francois Mule <jf.mule@cablelabs.com>
To: ipcdn@ietf.org
Cc: bwijnen@lucent.com, enechamkin@broadcom.com, "Richard Woundy @ Comcast" <Richard_woundy@cable.comcast.com>
Sender: ipcdn-bounces@ietf.org

All,

   This note summarizes the comments received on MTA MIB draft06 (from
Bert's AD review and wg participants) and the changes made in draft07.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipcdn-pktc-mtamib-07.txt

Thanks,
Eugene and Jean-Francois.

---
--- Summary of responses to MTA MIB draft 06 comments
---            draft-ietf-ipcdn-pktc-mtamib-06.txt
---  from AD and wg participants

Bert wrote:
# Comment 1
> - $ idnits draft-ietf-ipcdn-pktc-mtamib-06.txt
>   idnits 1.74
>
>   draft-ietf-ipcdn-pktc-mtamib-06.txt:
>
>   Checking nits according to http://www.ietf.org/ID-Checklist.html:
>     Checking conformance with RFC 3978/3979 boilerplate...
>   * The document seems to lack an RFC 3978 Section 5.1 IPR Disclosure
>     Acknowledgement.
>     (The document uses RFC 3667 boilerplate or RFC 3978-like
>     boilerplate instead of verbatim RFC 3978 boilerplate.  After 6 May
> 2005,
>     submission of drafts without verbatim RFC 3978 boilerplate is not
>     accepted.)
>
>   So if you do a new revision, pls make sure you take care of above.
>   If you use xml2rfc, then it is taken care of automagically by the
>   latest version (I think)
ok, fixed.
Will run the latest idnits tool before submission, just like we did
for draft06 (the boilerplate was updated since draft06 submission).

# Comment 2
>    !! Contains embedded space:
>    P050 L006:    [ETSI TS 101 909-8] ETSI TS 101 909-8: "Access and
> Terminals (AT);
>
>    !! Contains embedded space:
>    P050 L014:    [EN 300 001] EN 300 001 V1.5.1 (1998-10):"European
> Standard
>
>    !! Contains embedded space:
>    P050 L022:    [EN 300 659-1] EN 300 659-1: "Public Switched
> Telephone Network
>
>    !! Contains embedded space:
>    P005 L029:      - the ETSI MTA MIB [ETSI TS 101 909-8]. The ETSI
> MTA MIB
>
>    !! Contains embedded space:
>    P005 L031:        defined in [EN 300 001] and [EN 300 659-1].
>
>    !! Contains embedded space:
>    P005 L031:        defined in [EN 300 001] and [EN 300 659-1].
>
>   Not sure if sapces in citations are really forbidden.
>   But I know the RFC-Editor checking tool has trouble with it.
ok - fixed, removed white spaces.

# Comment 3
>     !! Missing Reference for citation: [RFC2119]
>     P003 L011:    interpreted as described in RFC 2119 [RFC2119].
ok fixed, added reference.

# Comment 4
>     !! Missing citation for Normative reference:
>     P047 L040:    [RFC2863] McCloghrie, K., Kastenholz, F., "The
> Interfaces Group
ok, the reference is mostly because of the IMPORT of the IF-MIB.
Proposed resolution: reference to [RFC2863] is introduced as comments
in the MIB module:
 added "-- [RFC2863]" to mib module

# Comment 5
>     !! Missing citation for Informative reference:
>     P049 L042:    [RFC3410] Case, J., Mundy, R., Partain, D. and B.
> Stewart,
No action taken.
   [RFC3410] - the citation is not missing, it is present in the text.
               See: section 1, end of 1st sentence.

# Comment 6
>     !! Missing citation for Normative reference:
>     P047 L043:    [RFC3411] Harrington, D., Presuhn, R., and Wijnen,
> B., "An
ok. This normative reference is required because of the IMPORTs.
Resolution: added RFC citations as comments in the MIB module
definition as follows:
IMPORTS
    MODULE-IDENTITY,
    OBJECT-TYPE,
    OBJECT-IDENTITY,
    Unsigned32,
    Counter32,
    NOTIFICATION-TYPE,
    mib-2
          FROM SNMPv2-SMI                    -- [RFC2578]
    RowStatus,
    TruthValue
          FROM SNMPv2-TC                     -- [RFC2579]
    OBJECT-GROUP,
    MODULE-COMPLIANCE,
    NOTIFICATION-GROUP
          FROM SNMPv2-CONF                   -- [RFC2580]
    InetAddressType,
    InetAddress
          FROM INET-ADDRESS-MIB              -- [RFC4001]
    sysDescr
          FROM SNMPv2-MIB                    -- [RFC3418]
    SnmpAdminString
          FROM SNMP-FRAMEWORK-MIB            -- [RFC3411]
    docsDevSoftwareGroupV2
          FROM DOCS-CABLE-DEVICE-MIB         -- [RFCxxxx]
    -- ************************************************************
    -- * NOTES TO RFC Editor (to be removed prior to publication) *
    -- *                                                          *
    -- *     The I-D <draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-10.txt>       *
    -- * is expected to become RFC before this draft.             *
    -- * Please replace RFCxxxx with the RFC number of the IPCDN  *
    -- * Cable Device MIBv2 and remove this note                  *
    -- *                                                          *
    -- ************************************************************

    DocsX509ASN1DEREncodedCertificate,
    docsBpi2CodeDownloadGroup
          FROM DOCS-IETF-BPI2-MIB            -- [RFC4131]

    ifPhysAddress
          FROM IF-MIB;                       -- [RFC2863]

# Comment 7
>     !! Missing Reference for citation: [RFC3495]
>     P004 L025:    Configuration DHCP specifications, RFC 3495
> [RFC3495] and RFC 3594
No action taken.
   RFC3495 - Reference is not missing it's present in the Normative